Planning and working on a career path can really seem like aiming at a moving target these days. There is so much flux, uncertainty and yet, so many options. Here I share my own career path as well as strategies that you can adopt to forge your own. After all, wanting pursuing a career is probably why you took student loans out in the first place. Now is time to harness your career to earn the income that will allow you to life the life you dream of!
Career path and planning
Careers typically don’t just happen. To get on the career path you want to take, planning and forethought are required.
- How to Successfully Quit Your Job and Change Careers
- Planning a Career Path in Four Easy Steps
- 20 Initial Impressions of Working Remotely from Home
- Know Your Worth: How to Look Up Salary Information
Navigating the workplace
Tips and tricks for making the most of work.
- Work Life Fit or Work Life Balance?
- Breaking Habits That May Be Keeping Back Your Career
- 5 Professional Wardrobe Essentials for Women
- How to Take a Conference Call Like a Boss (Even When You Not the Boss)
Winning the MyMoneyAppUp Challenge
In the fall of 2012, I won the MyMoneyAppUp Challenge for coming up with an app concept to help student loan borrowers manage and pay off their student loans.
- Preparations for the MyMoneyAppUp Challenge Awards Ceremony
- MyMoneyAppUp Challenge Recap: I Won the Grand Prize!
On Conferences & Professional Development
Graduating doesn’t mean that you have to stop learning. Conferences and professional development are key to cultivating and building your career.