Happy Saturday! I hope everyone had an exciting end of the week and Friday evening. I know I did. Remember the MyMoneyAppUp Challenge that I wrote about? Well, I won the grand prize! I’ll share updates and pictures on Monday, but for now, let’s talk about goals.
One of the major themes of this blog is goals and goal-making. I haven’t covered goals in great detail until now, but now that it is the end of September (I’m still trying to come to terms with this), I figured it was a good time to introduce my monthly goal series.
Each month, I plan to recap how well I achieved the goals I set and what my goals for the following month will be. Since I didn’t set September goals on the blog, today I’ll only focus on setting October’s goals.
October is going to be an interesting month. I’m wrapping up the MyMoneyAppUp Challenge and I’ve officially started this blog: two things that were taking up a bit of my time the past few months. Now that those have wrapped up, it’s time to shift priorities in new directions.
Without further ado, my goals for October are:
1. Achieve a PR at the NYRR Staten Island Half Marathon on October 7 in less than 02:10.
I’ve been training for my fourh half marathon for the past couple months. The past week has been a little crazy in terms of getting my runs in, but I think that I’ve prepared pretty well. I’m just about to enter the cool down period before the run, so I have high hopes for this race. I don’t know my PR offhand, but it hovers around 2:13-2:15.
2. Run at least three times each week in October.
I’m going to be traveling a lot, so aiming for four times each week might be a bit much. If I run 3 times per week, I will be happy.
3. Post to Living in Flux on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week in October.
I’ve been a little more lenient on myself about posting each week in this first month. Next month, I’d really like to establish a routine of posting Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week. This will mean more upfront writing and preparation on my end.
4. Spend less than $550 on my trip to San Diego, CA.
In the spirit of being frugal, but still finding the time and money to travel, I’d like to aim to spend less than $550 (including hotel and airfare) on my trip to San Diego. I got a great deal on the airfare, so hotel, food and transportation during my 4-ish days there will be my major expenses.
Besides working towards my goals, I have a few things that I’m looking forward to this month:
- As I mentioned before, I’ll be competing in the NYRR 5-Borough Series: Staten Island Half-Marathon next week. I’m excited to run this new-to-me race.
- I’m planning to visit some friends in Philadelphia about halfway through the month. I’m excited to reunite with my friends and visit Philly. I haven’t been there since March.
- I’ll be traveling to San Diego for a mini-vacay at the end of the month. This will be especially exciting, as it will be my first time traveling to California.
What are your goals for October? Do you keep track of your goals on a monthly basis? What are you looking forward to in October?