Another one bites the dust! We’re officially halfway through the year and I’m feeling pretty good about it. The sun is (mostly) shining, a holiday weekend is coming up, and daylight is lasting well into the evening.
I love it! To say goodbye to June, I have some updates and recaps for my monthly review!
In case you missed things, there were a couple sweet posts this month:
- Traveling can sometimes be boring, so I came up with 20 ways to pass time while traveling.
- As you know, I’m on a mission to pay off my student loans by the time I turn 30. To help you also pay off your student loans, I wrote about 10 ways you can pay off your student loans faster.
- I spend a lot of time on the phone for work and there’s a chance that you do as well. Even if you don’t, my tips for taking a conference call like a boss might come in handy someday.
- Moving can be expensive and people often jump to the conclusion that they need to rent a moving truck. Before you commit to a moving truck, see if any of these alternatives would work for you.
Living In Flux News
Moving at the End of the Month
I’m super excited to share this news with y’all. Remember how I posted about surviving and thriving in a long distance relationship? And it had been a year since we went long-distance? Well, at the end of July, that is all going to end! Not the relationship, but the distance.
I’m pleased to announce that I’m going to be moving back to Rochester, NY (my hometown, although I haven’t lived there in 8 years). After a lot of talking with various people to get this worked out, I’m going to be working remotely for my current employer and moving in with Richard. Needless to say, we’re both really excited about the move and being able to start the “next chapter.” And actually getting to see each other every day.
Everything on this site will be staying the same, but you may see more posts about moving, living with a significant other, working remotely, and even some backyard tourism in good ‘ol Rochester.
In addition to my exciting move on the horizon, I have some exciting travel coming up. I’m planning to take a trip to Philly for a Color Run in a couple of weeks. I’ve been to Philly quite a few times before, but this time, I’m hoping to actually see some sites.
Then, in the beginning of September, I’m going to be going to Europe! Long story short, but my employer is renting a castle and has invited anyone who wishes to go along. Not ones to pass up a vacay in a castle, Richard and I are going to be making the trip to Provence, France with short stops in Paris and Barcelona as well. With these two trips, I’m hoping to be a little more travel-focused in the coming months.
June Goals Recap
I won some and lost some this month when it came to my goals. Tradesy and Etsy were both a bust, but I met my running quota and I’ve crossed off four things on my 26 While 26 list.
1. Sell 4 items from my closet on Tradesy.
Well, I posted things on Tradesy! But apparently no one wants my second-hand clothes. Perhaps, I will lower the price on the items and aim to sell them this month.
2. Sell 4 items on Etsy.
Another month I wanted to get an Etsy shop up and running, another month I didn’t do it. I swear, it will happen eventually, but now clearly isn’t the time.
3. Run 50 miles.
I ran 53 miles this month!
4. Complete 4 things on my 26 New Things list.
Technically, I completed a couple of these items in May, although I think it’s important to track overall progress. So far, I’ve completed 4 of the New Things that I want to do while I’m 26:
- Purchase a pair of gladiator sandals
- Watch Season 4 of Arrested Development
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (stay tuned for an update)
- Join a CSA (I’ve only technically joined, as I won’t be able to enjoy the delicious fruits and veggies until I move)
July is going to be a crazy month! I’m going to be spending as much time with my friends as possible before my move and then I’m going to be packing up and moving at the end of the month. And then, of course, getting unpacked and settled in at the new digs. That said, I’m going to try to keep things as simple as I can goal-wise.
- Update my professional portfolio (www.nicolekendrot.com).
- Run 70 miles.
- Read 2 books.
- Spend less than $500 on moving expenses (e.g. vehicle to move, fuel, cleaning supplies, etc.)
And that’s that! I hope you had a fantastic June and an even better July!