Oh man. Another one bites the dust. April is officially over, which makes way for May. May’s going to be an exciting month filled with fun things such as: My birthday! A trip to the Jersey Shore with friends! Memorial Day weekend! Warmer weather!
I can’t wait! For now, let’s see how April stacked up.
I’ve actually been getting into the groove of posting as regularly as I’d like to. Check out some of my favorite articles from April:
- Latest data says that the average woman makes only $.77 for every $1 their male counterparts make. I wrote about Equal Pay Day and how it’s only the beginning on the road to pay equity.
- At the beginning of April, I went to a conference for work and shared some insights on how to make the most out of a conference.
- If you are doing any sort of spring cleaning, you should find out how you can make money online from cleaning out your stuff and how to reuse things you’d otherwise throw out.
- Commuting can take a lot of time from one’s day. I wrote about how to make the most of that time and be productive while commuting.
Living in Flux News
DIY is Now a Topic on Living In Flux
As I noted earlier in the month, I’m going to start posting DIY -themed posts. I think this fits nicely into the current themes, as there are many things that you can DIY to save money, improve your living space, achieve your goals and much more. Don’t worry, you’re not going to be inundated with crafty projects, DIY posts will be anything you do yourself to make your life better.
Another Design Refresh is On Its Way
Yep, I said it. As you know, one of my goals in 2013 is to redesign the site. In February, I rolled out a new look, but I’ve been refining it even further. It’s been taking a bit of work, but I hope to have it live in the next couple of weeks. You can expect the following from the next iteration:
- Better landing pages that outline my themes
- Wider posts and sidebar
- A way to explore all of the different places I’ve traveled to and written about
April Goals Recap
I set four goals for myself in April. Let’s see how I did! Spoiler alert: not fantastic.
1. Read 2 books.
I read two books:
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson aka The Blogess
- The Smashing Mobile Book
2. Sell something on Etsy.
Yeah. This didn’t end up happening. I’m probably going to push this off until June, since May is shaping up to be a busy month.
3. Spend less than I earn.
When I created this goal, I didn’t take into account that I would have to pay taxes this month, so this definitely did not happen.
4. Plan a trip.
My trip planning hasn’t progressed much this month. There’s a possibility of going somewhere in September, but I haven’t made any final plans on that. Hopefully, I’ll have a better idea of this in the next month or so.
1. Read 2 books.
I’d love to keep up the momentum that I’ve had in reading books. I’ve managed to read at least 2 books each month since the beginning of the year and I’d like to keep that going.
2. Run 35 miles.
With warmer weather and a new set of running shoes, I want to focus on upping my mileage for the month. While 35 isn’t that many miles, it will definitely signal an improvement from my end.
3. Launch Living in Flux design refresh.
As I’ve mentioned above, I’ve been working on another refresh for Living in Flux. My hope is that the refresh will be the last for a while, but we’ll see!
4. Treat myself.
With my birthday coming up, I’m in the mood for doing something special for myself. I’m not sure what it will be yet, but I know it will be good.