March is here? It sure is. Hopefully this means that there is going to be some spring moving in. It definitely means it’s time for a monthly recap.
In addition to this being a short month, this is has been a slow month on the blogging side. You’ll see why below, but there were still a couple of gems:
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed by your to-do list? Check out my tips on figuring out where to start when you want to get things done.
- Whether you are a frugal person in general or you are trying to achieve a certain goal, you might like my post on strategies for kicking frugal living up a notch.
Living In Flux Refresh
One of my goals for 2013 was to redesign Living in Flux. Only two short months after the start of the year, I can say this is a success! If you are viewing with an RSS reader, move on over the site to check it out. There will definitely be improvements in the upcoming months, but the major work of redesigning is complete!
I’ve been going back and forth on whether to include goals in my monthly recaps. I generally create monthly goals anyways, so why not share them here? Simple goals. Fun goals. Goals that deal with life, career, money and travel. Here’s what I want to do in March:
1. Read 2 books. So far I’ve been doing great with my goal of reading 13 books in 2013. In fact, I’ve already read five! Once I read two in March, I’ll be up to 7. Imagine how many I’ll actually read at this rate!
2. Sell something on Etsy. I have some sewing supplies and fabric sitting around and I’d love to put them to go use this month. I’ve sold a couple of things on Etsy before, but want to get back into it.
3. Spend less than I earn. This seems like a fairly straightforward goal, but it takes more effort than you’d realize. With a tight budget that has been focusing on paying off my student loans, it’s been a challenge to not become overzealous with my student loan payments. I’ve been consistently in the green, but I want to make sure it stays that way.
4. Be a backyard tourist and visit the Highline in Chelsea. I’ll have an upcoming post about backyard tourism – going to the touristy spots in your own city – when I went to Chelsea Market last week. It was raining, so I didn’t make it to the Highline. In March, I want to take a trip back and tour the Highline.
How was your February? What do you want to accomplish in March?